accelerates language proficiency and builds literacy and academic skills. The series supports young learners where the English curriculum is extensive, as they strive for academic success and full English proficiency in a global environment. Young learners prepare for future study and opportunities with an effective method that is aligned to Common Core State Standards.
- Key concepts and vocabulary: each unit is organized around a big question and provides a starting point for building understanding.
- Systematic skills development: three readings per unit develop academic skills and literacy.
- Vocabulary acquisition: accelerate acquisition through explicit instruction.
- Understanding by design: develop transferable academic skills through connected learning.
- Grammar rules: clear explanations with examples and rules introduce key grammatical concepts.
- Research-based reading and language skills instruction: balances content-area readings with age-appropriate, high-interest stories.
- Digital resources: new Teacher and Student digital resources, including brand new videos, audio, EXAMVIEW® and Reader+.